Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Sewing Room


We are lucky enough to have enough space that I have a whole room devoted to collecting fabric..err  sewing. Below is my storage wall, complete with Lucy, the 1914 dummy who I found for  $100 in an antique store in college and who has traveled with me ever since.  The sign is from my old SCA business and the poster is from a Cleveland Ballet production that I actually worked on.


My idea boards.  Full of things that interest me, project pictures and the occasional oddity that has no other home.

My Bernina, and my research shelves (that also house my collection of Maneki Neko and my collection of Rabbit (from Pooh) )


Unfortunately, there is not room for a cutting table so I have to use our dining room table. Which is at least, nice and long, altho I long for a real costume shop style homosote table covered in muslin that I can stick draper's pins in to hold patterns down.


No comments:

Post a Comment