Sunday, June 23, 2019

Teaching at Known World Costume and Fiber Arts Symposium

My Islamic Influence in Italian Textiles and Clothing 1400-1600 had it's debut at Known World Costume and Fiber Arts Symposium this weekend.  There were around 16 people in the class and I think it went pretty well.  There are several areas that I want to tweak before RUM, but over all it was a pretty solid class. Better still, women in two different kingdoms are now excited to make a Turkish robe for summer garb.  The Turkish Robe is pretty darned comfy as well as pretty, so I hope they do and send me pictures as they promised.

My class outline and deck of examples are posted here:        https://runningwithscissorsandfabric.blogspot.com/p/islamic-influence-on-italian-city.html  (or the Islamic/Italian Influence link at the main menu above) and I will be updating the outline and deck as my research progresses. 

Long term, I think that 1400-1600 will end up being a series of 3 classes:  Influence on Textiles, Influence on Women's Clothing and Influence on Men's Clothing.  Hopefully,  this series will be done by Gulf Wars.  Then I get to dig into the pre-1400 stuff which is very new territory for me, but I'm already kind of obsessed with Norman Sicily!

No comments:

Post a Comment