Monday, September 23, 2019

Online Resources for the Independent Researcher v3

This class presumes that you know how to undertake basic research and evaluate sources, but do not have access to a college/university library or decent local library to do research. (and/or that like me, you prefer to do your research in your pajamas at midnight, in the comfort of your own home.)

The goal of the class is to present some resources on the Internet to aid you in your research rabbit holes .  I hope at least some of the sites are new for each of you. 
My personal focus is 16th and early 17th century Venetian and Ottoman textiles, clothing and material culture, but I think the majority of sites will be useful for a variety of rabbit holes.  

There are many more great resources out there on the Internet. These are just the most useful ones I’ve found in my web wanderings and personal research. I would love to hear about other sources you find.


No comments:

Post a Comment