Monday, September 9, 2013

Trimming the skirt (or when to leave well enough alone)

It wasn't exactly buyer's remorse, but the skirt I bought at Dragon Con had some flaws.  The zipper (which was set in well enough) was a huge plastic coat zipper.  It was honking huge, but on the upside, this thing was never ever going to break.  It was just that sturdy)

The ruffles at the bottom of the skirt were also finished with a serger stitch that I wasn't thrilled about.   But I decided I could cover the serging with some trim and it would be OK.

Except that trim was a dark charcoal grey and not black, which brought into clear perspective the fact that the ruffles were nowhere near even lengthwise.  *sigh*  Without the trim, I hadn't even noticed.

But it would work until I got something better made (which would be after Sunday in the Park).


No comments:

Post a Comment